This page contains notes regarding the proposal submission process for
Travel and Accommodation for speakers
If your submission is accepted, funds are available for travel
and accommodations. We prefer to pay for your travel directly rather
than reimburse you. Reimbursement can take quite some time, for which we apologize.
If you or your employer pay for your travel/accommodations to speak at BSDCan,
we would be delighted to add the payer to our list of sponsors.
Registration for speakers
- Speakers will need to register for the conference but will receive free admission
for the two main conference days.
- Speakers should register using registration type 'Speaker'.
- Speakers will be responsible for the fees for any tutorial sessions they attend.
Before You Submit: Speaker Bios + Travel Cost Estimates
- Speakers must submit a short bio for inclusion in the schedule.
- When submitting your proposal, attach this bio as a comment.
- If you would like the conference to pay for your transportation, estimate the cost of travel
to Ottawa and add this figure and your starting location as a separate comment. (Requiring
travel funding is not a mark against candidates. We are happy to pay for
our speakers to come to us.)
- If either of these is missing, we will chase down accepted speakers for the info. But you'll
be helping us out by including them alongside your initial submission.
Submitting your proposal
Please submit all proposals through
attach your speaker bio and travel cost estimate as comments on your submission.
NOTE: Descriptions of 45 minute talks are expected to be at least two paragraphs
(or 100 words) long, and give a clear idea of what will be covered in
the talk and how it will be covered.
Descriptions for tutorials should
have the same, plus a detailed outline. Talk submissions without an
adequate description are liable to be rejected.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.