BSDCan is an enormously successful grass-roots style
conference. It brings together a great mix of *BSD developers and
users for a nice blend of both developer-centric and user-centric
presentations, food, and activities.
Please follow the instructions for submitting
a proposal to BSDCan 2008.
BSDCan 2008 will be held 16-17 May 2008, in Ottawa. We are now
requesting proposals for talks.
The talks should be written with a very strong technical content
bias. Proposals of a business development or marketing
nature are not appropriate for this venue.
The schedule is:
|19 Dec 2007||Proposals acceptance begins|
|19 Jan 2008||Proposals acceptance ends|
|19 Feb 2008||Authors of accepted proposals contacted|
|19 Apr 2008||Final slides should arrive no later than this date|
We hope the following answers a few frequently asked questions.
- If your talk is accepted, you are expected to present your talk in person.
- Speakers do not register or pay conference fees.
- We can pay for your flight and accommodation. You pay for your own food and drink. You do not register or pay conference fees.
- There will be a digital projector available in each lecture room.
- There will be a wireless LAN available at the conference.
- What constitutes a proposal? Here are the proposals
from a previous year. We will also require a short biography.