This page contains notes regarding the proposal submission process for
- If your submission is accepted, funds are available for travel
and accommodation. We prefer to pay for the travel rather
than reimburse you. Reimbursement can take quite some time. We apologize for that.
Please submit all proposals through
At that URL, please create your account and wait for the confirmation email.
Please confirm it, and then login and begin your submission process.
NOTE: If you submitted a paper last year, you can use your old
login again. Just click on Login instead of Create Account. If you cannot
remember your login details, hit escape at the login box, then go through
the password reset process.
Submission system notes
After login, please click on the Person link and then fill in all the tabs,
but you can ignore the Travel and costs tab.
When saved, please create an event, one for each proposal you are submitting.
When submitting your proposal, there are a number of items we need to
know. This information won't be needed unless your proposal is accepted.
However, we need this information immediately and history shows that some
people are very slow to provide this information after acceptance. Therefore,
we are asking for it up front. We're serious about running a good
conference. Please help us.
There are places for this information within your personal details
section of the submission website.
What we need:
- country of passport.
- The exact name in your passport.
- your phone number.
- some method of IM contact or IRC details.
- Your personal details must be complete. This includes:
- travel details: dates, times, costs
We are sorry to be so draconion, but too many speakers neglect to
include this information and much time is wasted after acceptance trying to
chase them down. This takes time away from core conference activities.
It also makes your confernence organizor grumpy. You won't like him when
As part of the submission process, you will be creating a new event. This
section outlines some of the event attributes you will be asked to supply.
- Submission notes: for additional information which does not fit elsewhere.
- General tab
- Most fields are optional.
- Submission of paper for proceedings - select No.
- Submission of presentation slides - select Yes.
- Event type - most will be Lecture. If you are giving a tutorial, select Workshop here.
- Duration - lectures will be 1 hour, tutorials are usually three.
- Language used for presentation - All presentations are in English
- Track - please ignore track
- Resources tab
- There will be a digital projector available in each lecture room.
- There will be a wireless LAN available at the conference.
- Please list anything else you will require.
- Description tab - This is the description of your talk.
- Abstract - If your proposal is accepted, the abstract will appear on the website
At this URL,
the Abstract is in bold at the top of the page, under the Title.
- Full Description - elaborate upon the Abstract. A few paragraphs should suffice.
At this URL,
the Description is under the Abstract, which is in bold.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.